Thursday, March 20, 2014

Confessions of a Daily Weigher



I've lost 7lbs in 1 week!! Sweet!! So as I continue to lose weight I'd like to discuss areas in my journal that keep me on the right path. Weight loss for me is about being the best me I can be in all areas of my life...not just body wise, but including weight.

I'm a daily weigher for one reason and one reason only: I'm too impatient to wait a week. I need the reassurance that I am headed in the right direction on a day to day basis. I need to see the little improvements. I don't need it all at one time. LOL. Clearly weighing everyday has its advantages and disadvantages. Some disadvantages include going insane when the scale moves up .2 or more pounds, seeing small decreases instead of largers ones, and pretty much an overall obsession or addiction to the scale. :) Some advantages are that you get to keep a close eye on your weight day in and day out, you can make adjustments when things aren't going as expected, and you get the thrill and excitement of weighing each morning.

For me I enjoy the anticipation of knowing that I did what I needed to do and now it's up to the scale to show me what I've earned. When I happen to go up, I don't panic really, I just remind myself that it has only been a DAY, not a week like it may feel like. I get myself back into the mindset and just remind myself that tomorrow the scale will give me the GOODS. :))

On another note, I have on an outfit that I haven't worn in years...Hey now!!!

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment