Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Sometimes you have to do things you DON'T want to do

In life there are things we all do that we don't want to do. We go to work everyday, we compromise with our spouses, we wake up instead of sleeping in, etc. There are so many things we do because we NEED to do them and not because you WANT to do them. As I sit here in pain because of exercising for these past 8 days, I realize I do not want to exercise today. I mean are you kidding me? I hurt...no thanks.....

BUT...and this is a big BUTT if you will....I need to exercise. LOL. I need to exercise today on the treadmill at lunch for 30 minutes because I WANT to lose weight. I want to lose a tremendous amount of weight in a year. So, I have to do things that I particularly do not want to. So I will push through, pain and all, and pop a Motrin after I am done and come right back to work like nothing ever happened.

But ask my body, ALOT has happened. Well, I guess my motivation will be the fact that I have lost 12 pounds since starting to walk on the treadmill everyday for 30 minutes last Monday...and today is only Tuesday. I told my body this, and it doesn't care....well, at least not yet. But it will....one of these days soon...it will thank me.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment