Wednesday, October 16, 2013

What will you be saying?

So I am reaching the midway point of the 330s and as I reflect on them, because soon the 330s will be no more, I realize how it can be frustrating thinking about how long this journey is. This is especially when losing weight from such a high number trying to go to a low number. Last time I checked my math, going from 406lbs (412lbs really after giving birth)to 180 is 226lbs lost. I mean that's another overweight person that I am losing. LOL!!!

So knowing that I had that much to go, I was almost defeated before I even started. However, I realized that I had to do this for me, my health, and who I want to be in life. I want to look the way I feel. And I always feel fabulous! And I also know that creating mini goals is fun and gives me a smaller number to work with. Such as knowing my husband's 30th birthday is in February. So that gives me about 4 months to get to my next goal. Trying to lose 20 pounds a month, I could be 80 pounds lighter by then. Now, that goal is optimistic, but I like my chances. I believe in me.

So, my point is that sometimes, looking at the overall goal and the time it will take to get there becomes so overwhelming that you defeat yourself before you even give yourself a chance. Don't do that....take it a day at a time....and watch that scale go down a pound at a time. Know that the scale is not the only thing that matters, so going up does not mean it will continue to go that way. Sometimes you have to go up to go down. Just keep at it! Don't stop. The scale eventually HAS to go down. Just bang it against something. (kidding)But Why? Because a year from now you will either be saying "I have lost 100 pounds in a year" or you will be saying "I could have lost 100 pounds by now". Which will you be saying? I know what I will be saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment