Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Medifast 1st Blog

So, I started Medifast on 2/19/2010 weighing in at 390.4LB, and have lost a total of 59.8 pounds to be a current weight of 330.6. Bought a new scale which wants to weigh me about 6 pounds higher so until it catches up, the old scale is still my best friend. lol. After getting through that hurdle I have been hovering around the 50 pounds weight loss for a while and decided I needed to do something more than journalize about it on myfatsecret.com, I needed to blog about it as well, along with other things in the days of my life. So here we are...typing... So let's let the adventures begin:

I am ordering my groceries from Peapod trying to get all the ingredients from the TSFL lean and green recipe book, and realized I am going to have to take that one recipe at a time with the most delicious looking ones first. So, I am starting with the Portabella Mushroom one since I am a HUGE fan of cheese. Getting the incredients for that alone is like $30 but atleast it'll make more than just one since my husband is doing Medifast with me. I think creating delicious lean and green meals is the start to being successful on this diet because most people on this diet look forward to eating dinner after eating 4 or 5 small meals a day. Me, I eat 4 meals a day and a bigger lean and green portion since I am over 300 pounds. This is recommended since I usually ate between 4,000 and 5,000 or more a day and dropping that to 1000 calories is VERY drastic. Can't wait to try and take pictures to post to my, currently non-existing, fanbase of the lean and green meals. Will also post my before and current pics soon as well.

Until next time, Klove is OUT!

2 comments:

Jen Johnson said...

I didn't know that they had any other plans for the higher weight ranges. Are you on a 4&2 plan? When would you switch to 5&1? I've had to split my L&G meal up on most days since I can make it through the morning just fine but by the afternoon I get super hungry, I just cant eat much since I get full so fast. My L&G meals are usually salad, so its a LOT of food and it was getting really hard to eat it all for dinner. I'm just starting to experiment with the different food options though. Trying to have fun with it!

Unknown said...

Yes they give people over 300 pounds the 4&2 option because in reality eating 800 to 1000 calories is just too low for us. I am sure they would rather us eat 1000 to 1200 calories eating more protein than us quitting or even worse, eating 4000 or 5000 calories like we used to. ITs worth it to change the diet around to suit you. My nuitritionist, who is also my medifast health coach, is the one who practically MADE me do the 4&2 after just feeling like I was starving and having a lack of energy from the regular plan. SInce I don't take a lean and green to work, I just eat the 4 meals and have a larger dinner. This works for me since I usually screw up and night when I am at home. Try it and let me know how it goes. Oh and sorry for the late reply.

Post a Comment